I made this recipe with my in-laws when they came to visit us in November and it has been a favorite of ours ever since. Everyone we have made it for loves it, and we will usually make a double batch so we can have left overs for lunches during the week. This recipe is gluten-free, egg-free, and dairy free, and is perfect way to take the edge off a cold winter's night!
White Chicken Chili
Adapted from a recipe by PaleOMG -
Paleo Recipes at http://paleomg.com/paleo-creamy-chicken-chili/
2 lbs chicken, diced into 1 inch cubes
1 tsp. baking soda (to soften & moisten the chicken)
1 15 oz. can of Great Northern Beans
5-6 Roma tomatoes, chopped
1 red pepper, chopped
1 green pepper, chopped
1 yellow onion, chopped
1-2 jalapenos, seeded and minced (depending how spicy you want it)
1 clove of garlic, minced
1-1.5 cups chicken broth
1/2 cup canned coconut milk (not light)
1 (4 oz) can green chiles
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon sage
1/2 teaspoon oregano
1/4 teaspoon cumin
1/4 teaspoon white pepper
1/8 teaspoon ground red pepper
1. In a large soup pot over medium heat, saute the minced garlic and onion in olive oil.
2. Once the garlic is fragrant, add the chicken and baking soda and begin to cook. Mix as needed with a wooden spoon to cook on both sides.
3. Once your chicken is half way cooked through, add in all of the remaining vegetables. Mix together and let cook for about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
4. Add the chicken broth and coconut milk, along with all of the spices.
5. Stir together.
6. Cover and let simmer for about 5-10 minutes to let the flavors meld together.
Recipe by PaleOMG - Paleo Recipes at http://paleomg.com/paleo-creamy-chicken-chili/